Aircraft Radiotronics Training
What is an aircraft Radiotrician?
The job on an aircraft radiotrician is to carry out the maintenance of all communication systems on the aircraft, including radar and related system.
What does an aircraft radiotrician do?
- Test, repair and overhaul all communication equipment including navigational and related electronic equipment
- Maintenance checks
- Removal of old or worn parts and replace with new
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving
- Keep Records
- Participate in system qualification and certification
Admission Requirements (Minimum)
- 18 years and older.
- Grade 12/N3 or Equivalent
- Mathematics 50% of higher
- Physics 50% or higher
- English 50% or higher
Applicants that do not meet these criteria but do possess a Grade 12/N3 or equivalent certificate will be subject to an aptitude test prior to acceptance and admission to MATA
Trade Test Preparation
- MATA prepares students and conducts trade tests for students after completing and obtaining of the required experience.
- Our qualified instructors are registered Trade Test Officers with TETA & NAMB.
- Trade test preparations are conducted at the MATA premises and trade tests are conducted at the Indlela premises in Olifantsfontein, Gauteng, South Africa.
Trade Test Fees